Sunday, September 22, 2013

What does Grand Theft Auto experience means to me?

Grand Theft Auto means a lot of different things to a lot of different people. For me personally, it is the insane amount of detail and work Rockstar puts into bringing the cities full of life is just insane. I always wanted to stay at NYC, but unfortunately never could as of now.

With GTA IV, I can just close my eyes and stand in the middle of game's version of Times Square called Star Junction, I feel I'm instantly transported back to Times Square.



Open World games have massive scope compared to linear games, and as with pretty much everything in life, there are compromises. The compromise comes in the form of detail which gets lost in favor of large worlds. But...here is the odd thing about Rockstar Games and GTA series: The worlds are getting bigger and bigger sure, but their attention to detail is actually been magnified dramatically. With GTA V, Rockstar reached a macroscopic level of detail which can take head on against most linear games out in the market today and even surpass them. This trend likely will continue by the time the PS4/Xbox One generation of consoles hit, we might be able to play in a complete state of America with microscopic attention to details.


No comments:

Post a Comment