Friday, June 28, 2013

My short review on: The Man of Steel



The Man of Steel was a great film. It is a reboot of Superman through the eyes of Zack Snyder, taking him into the modern times where wearing red underwear on top is frowned upon. I am a huge fan of Snyder after he perfectly brought one of my favorite graphic novels, Watchmen, to life in perfect clarity. So does he deliver? I would say YES

The movie is a big hitter with all manner of high production values, great actors you would expect from a AAA blockbuster.Despite similar circumstances, the movie showed clear contrast from Marvel's 'All flash, zero substance' with DC Comics's focus on storytelling, bond between the characters while keeping the action on the background. All which makes you connect and care for the action on screen instead of just letting it all blast past your eyes.

My rating for Man of Steel: 8.5/10

No comments:

Post a Comment